Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The wrong text

“Everything has chains ... absolutely nothing’s changed,” Corduroy, Pearl Jam

I am in the process of another moment in my life that I have to decide how to act like Laura Bush. How to handle a situation as best I can while using her as inspiration. Not sure how it is going, but I am trying.
I few nights ago I made a mistake. A terrible mistake. I texted the wrong person! An all too common mistake nowadays. It is totally my fault since I have a problem not saving contacts and then by using the history my phone keeps stored, hitting the wrong number thinking it is the intended recipient. Thankfully it wasn’t a text that was incredibly deep or anything, but it was still contact. Once I realized my dumb mistake after a few texts, I quickly wrapped up the conversation.

This may not sound too bad, but it was what happened to me after that is the issue. It brought back all the negativity associated with this person. All the bad feelings they caused, all the doubt in myself, all the bullshit was back. Thankfully there has been no contact since, but now I need to deal with the aftermath. I won’t contact them, but that doesn’t matter. The hurt came back.

Now how would Laura handle this? Well I do not know. I think she would be like me and ignore it, or try. But sometimes you can’t. The sick feeling of me making contact and that it appears that I care is what bothers me. Of course I don’t wish harm on anyone, but I also don’t want to know. I want to be forgotten.
So I am just going to go back to pushing all the negativity down, forgetting and moving on. It may not be the correct choice, but it is the right one for me. I will remain classy like her, but I will also pay better attention when I text. What would Laura Bush do?

No comments:

Post a Comment