Saturday, June 21, 2014

Acting like Laura

“It was a beautiful day, don’t let it get away,” Beautiful Day, U2.

My day yesterday started at 4 a.m. and didn’t end until around midnight. But in that long span of time being awake, and trying to stay that way, I experienced a couple of acts of people acting as Laura Bush would. By no means does this blog have to be just about how I am living my life by asking what would Laura Bush do, I will gladly highlight those around me for being Laura Bush-ish. The world needs more Laura Bushes!
Yesterday began with a 14 mile run bright and early with my running peeps. My legs were killing me, but our group prevailed and finished. As usual, off we go to breakfast. Breakfast was a good and filled with our usual talking about anything and everything. When the bills came, before I can really do anything, a running friend pays for mine since we were on the same bill. Now of course I will pick it up next time, but how Laura Bush is that? It wasn’t a special occasion or anything, it was just him doing something nice for someone else. Thanks again!

Last night I get a text from my best friend asking if she can share my blog on her Facebook page. After some discussion, I said I wasn’t ready yet. She understood and said she would wait but she was just so “proud and excited.” I get to many it may not make much sense how I have this blog for the world to see, but I don’t want people to share it. If people find it on their own, please read, but I am still waiting to find my clear direction and formatting before people who know me read it. That might not make sense, but that’s me. Plus, I am not talking about that, I am talking about my bff. The fact that she wants to sing my praises, but respects me enough to first ask me if it is Ok, and then understand when I say no, is so Laura Bush. I told her to sit tight, soon I will be ready for her to share the hell out of it, but thanks anyway for the support. Everyone needs a friend like Laura Bush.
These are just two examples amongst many in the world. Kindness and class are not dead, you just have to look for them sometimes. People will always surprise you, just have faith. And if they surprise you in a negative way and you want to respond, remember to ask, what would Laura Bush do?

No comments:

Post a Comment