Friday, August 1, 2014

Karma

“But spirit is something that no one destroys,” The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys, Traffic

So I think last night karma came back and got me, and got me good. As a previous blog post had mentioned, a friend was mad at me for assuming something I wrote was about them. As much as it wasn’t, feelings were hurt and they are no longer talking to me. Well my feelings were hurt last night and point taken. No matter what the full story may be, when feelings get hurt it is never a good thing.
The situation was completely different, but the end result was the same. As annoyed as I was that excuses were made, I stopped to wonder how Laura Bush would handle this. I have had some issues with the friends in question before, but I always just got over it and moved on. I kept them in my life and just dealt with the lack of understanding as to why I was upset. But should I continue to do that? Would Laura Bush?

Honestly, I am not sure. On one hand, the friendships have been a part of my life for more than half of it, so can I just throw the history and memories away? On the other hand, how much is too much? When do I just walk away? When do I realize my feelings matter and no matter the excuses or apologies, to take those in to account?
I believe that Laura Bush would remain classy, but remember the way she felt it this particular situation. I will try to remain quiet when I see them. I will not make a big deal about it, I will let them continue to think what they did was Ok. They may never learn from me remaining quiet, but I have learned that sometimes it is not worth mentioning. If things will never change, there is no use in repeating myself to deaf ears.

As I continue about my day, still very hurt, I will smile and let it go. Outside of this post, what is done is done and it is in the past. No sense in talking about it anymore, no sense in listening to excuses, and no sense in letting it bother me. The only sense is to continue to ask, what would Laura Bush do?
Author’s Note: This song has been running through my head since I heard it last night. Figured I would return the favor to those who are blessed enough to know the amazing catalogue of music from Traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment